Sorry, thisTV is not available in your area.
Please keep checking back as we add more markets.
Sorry there was an error, please try again later
The Barefoot Contessa
Original Release Date: Nov 6, 1954
Sparkling with "juicy dialogue" (Leonard Maltin) and a superb cast (including Edmond O'Brien in an Oscar®-winning performance), this landmark film is "spectacular...ingeniously-fashioned,original entertainment" (Variety).
With extraordinary beauty, talent and grace, Spanish dancer Maria Vargas (Ava Gardner) was born to be a star. Aided by American movie director Harry Dawes (Humphrey Bogart), she attains great success and fortune in Hollywood's land of dreams. But, though she gives her all for stardom, there is one thing Maria will never compromiseher soul. No matter what the cost, The Barefoot Contessa will dance to no one's music but her own.
- Humphrey Bogart
- Rossano Brazzi
- Ava Gardner
- Edmond O'Brien
- Art Director: Arrigo Equini
- Costume Designer: Fontana
- Cinematographer: Jack Cardiff
- Editor: William Hornbeck
- Producer: Forrest E. Johnston
- Director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Screenplay: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Story by: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Associate Producer: Franco Magli
- Composer: Mario Nascimbene
- Associate Producer: Michael Waszynski
|Time Warner Cable||WIS||121|