Sorry, thisTV is not available in your area.
Please keep checking back as we add more markets.
Sorry there was an error, please try again later
Original Release Date: Jan 1, 1990
Oscar winner Robert Duvall "is terrific" (The New York Times) in this "vividly realized" (Variety) drama co-starring Lucas Haas (Witness) and James Earl Jones (Field of Dreams). "Gracefully adapted to the screen" (Los Angeles Times) by Horton Foote (Of Mice and Men) and ably directed by Peter Masterson (Blood Red), this riveting tale of an unlikely bond is "a tasty feast" (LA Weekly)! In rural Texas 1902, 13-year-old Horace (Haas) toils on a run-down plantation to buy a tombstone for the father he lost a year earlier. Soll (Duvall), the crusty old Confederate who owns the plantation, has yet to pay the boy a penny of the money he owes him. But on Christmas Eve, as Soll becomes obsessed with his own mortality, he makes a grand promise... forcing Horace to confront his fear of death and the harsh truths of a decadent society.
- Robert Duvall
- Lukas Haas
- James Earl Jones
- Starletta DuPois
- Associate Producer: David Anderson
- Production Designer: Dan Bishop
- Based on a Work by: Horton Foote
- Co-Producer : Horton Foote
- Screenplay: Horton Foote
- Art Director: Dianna Freas
- Producer: Jonathan D. Krane
- Cinematographer: Toyomichi Kurita
- Composer: Peter Melnick
- Director: Peter Masterson
- Costume Designer: Nile H. Samples
- Associate Producer: Leah A. Palco
- Producer: Sterling Van Wagenen
- Editor: Jill Savitt
|Time Warner Cable||WIS||121|